Are you considering a bathroom remodel? Are you wondering how much a bathroom remodel costs on Long Island? Whether you’re looking to update your bathroom or give it a full-on remodel, knowing how much it will cost is essential.
In this blog post, we will cover the bathroom remodeling costs on Long Island—including what factors into the cost and how much you can expect to pay. By the end of this article, you’ll have a better understanding of bathroom remodeling costs on Long Island so you can make an informed decision when planning your bathroom renovation project.
Bathroom Remodel Cost: Long Island
Bathrooms play a crucial role in the comfort and enjoyment of your home, so you want to make sure you get the best results at the right price. But how much does a bathroom remodel cost in Long Island?
Full Bathroom Remodel Cost On Long Island
According to the Cost vs. Value Remodeling Report, the average cost of a full bathroom remodel in the New York metropolitan area ranges from approximately $35,000 for a midrange remodel to almost $102,000 for an upscale remodel. Per Sweeten, a full bathroom budget remodel starts at $17,500.
Partial Bathroom Remodel Cost On Long Island
A partial bathroom remodel on Long Island costs $6,700 on average, according to HomeBlue, with a cost range between $3,700 to $9,700.
Bathroom Remodeling Cost Based On Size And Scope
The size of your bathroom, as well as the scope of your remodel are both key factors in determining how much your remodel will cost. Per HomeBlue, here are the cost ranges for various sizes and scopes of work for bathroom remodeling on Long Island.
|Size/Scope of Bathroom Remodel||Cost Range|
|Small bathroom/basic remodel||$10,000-$24,000|
|Medium bathroom/midrange remodel||$20,000-$48,000|
|Large bathroom/major remodel||$27,000-$65,000|
National Bathroom Remodel Cost
The national average cost of a bathroom remodel is $8,851, according to HomeGuide. There are a few caveats to keep in mind when it comes to average bathroom remodeling estimates:
- As noted above, the size, the scope of the project, and the material quality can significantly change the bathroom remodeling cost.
- We should also note that the average cost of a bathroom remodel cited above includes everything from basic, minor remodeling jobs to major, upscale overhauls.
- The quality of remodeling work is also not addressed in the average bathroom remodel cost. In other words, average cost estimates include low-end remodels with cheap materials, as well as high-quality remodels with premium materials. Additionally, since most people tend to get minor remodels, the average cost figures cited above are weighted toward smaller, less costly remodeling jobs.
Here at Rea Pro Construction, we take pride in delivering top-quality craftsmanship at a price point that makes sense for your budget. So while we may not be the cheapest option, we provide unparalleled service and the highest quality work. You can learn more about Rea Pro Construction’s bathroom remodeling pricing tiers here.
Cost Factors For Bathroom Remodels On Long Island
Here are some of the biggest factors that can affect the cost of a bathroom remodel on Long Island, including size, scope, labor costs, materials, and more.
The size of your bathroom is one of the most important cost factors for any remodeling project. If you have a large bathroom with plenty of space for high-end fixtures and amenities, then it’s likely that your project will cost more than if you were renovating a smaller bathroom. On the other hand, if you have a small space with limited options for fixtures and amenities, then it’s likely that your project will cost less.
The scope of the project refers to the amount of work required for a bathroom remodel. It is another key factor in determining how much your project will cost.
A bathroom renovation typically refers to a bathroom remodeling project that involves only cosmetic changes. This includes replacing individual components in an existing bathroom without changing the layout. Bathroom renovations are usually cheaper than a full bathroom remodel since they do not require any major construction or plumbing work.
A bathroom remodel focuses on larger structural changes such as moving walls, changing window and door locations, adding new features such as a shower stall, and more. This type of project requires more effort and time due to the need for plumbing and construction work.
It also requires more money since there is an increased amount of labor, including hiring skilled professionals to handle electrical, plumbing, or gas line work. Building permits may also need to be obtained from local governments prior to beginning this kind of project.
The type of contractor you hire for your project can also have a big impact on cost.
A general contractor can handle all of the demolition and construction required for a bathroom remodel. However, some general contractors do not offer professional design services, so if that is something that your project requires, you will need to hire a designer or architect as well.
A design-builder is a general contractor that also offers design services. While this may not change the cost, some homeowners appreciate having both services offered from one source.
Designers (Architect, Interior Designer)
Designers and architects aren’t required for every bathroom remodeling project, but if you do hire one, you can expect to pay them approximately 10-20% of your total bathroom remodeling budget.
DIYing a bathroom remodeling project can save you anywhere from 40-50% of the total cost since that is approximately what a contractor would charge for their labor. That being said, keep in mind that you will still have to hire specialized professionals to handle any electrical, plumbing, or gas line work.
Many DIYers also tend to underestimate the time, tools, and materials required to successfully complete a job, so make sure you know exactly what you are getting into before committing to completing a bathroom remodeling project yourself.
The type of materials you choose for your bathroom makeover will have a big impact on the total cost. High-end materials such as marble, travertine, and granite can be expensive, while more affordable options such as porcelain tile flooring or laminate flooring can help keep costs down. You should also factor in the cost of fixtures such as sinks, toilets, and showerheads. And if you plan to install a new bathroom vanity or countertops, be sure to factor in their prices as well.
Prices vary across different parts of Long Island due to local labor costs and the availability of materials. For example, if you are located in an area with a higher cost of living, such as Southampton, then you can expect your renovation costs to be higher than those in less costly areas.
What Increases The Cost
Here are some common factors that can drive the cost of a bathroom remodel higher.
- Large bathroom size: A larger space demands more material, labor, and time
- Larger scope: If you decide to go with a larger scope of work, certain changes will cause it to cost more. For instance, if you upgrade electrical wiring or plumbing fixtures or increase counter space and storage space, your bathroom remodeling costs can add up quickly
- Expedited timeline: If you’re trying to get your bathroom remodel done faster, you may end up paying more because you’ll likely have extra expenses like overtime labor and rush orders for materials
- Premium materials: High-quality materials will raise the cost upfront, but they can also save money by lasting longer. For instance, opting for a higher grade of floor tile or sturdier bathroom fixtures means they may not need to be replaced as quickly, meaning fewer overall expenses in the long run
- Structural changes required: If your bathroom remodel requires moving walls or reconfiguring the space, that will add to your overall cost
- Discovered damages: Unfortunately, there is no way to know with certainty that there won’t be any issues hiding underneath the surface of your existing bathroom. For example, if the contractor discovers water damage under your bathroom floor, that issue will need to be fixed before the remodel can proceed
What Decreases The Cost
Here are some common factors that can lower the cost of a bathroom remodel.
- Small bathroom size: Materials and labor for your bathroom remodel won’t be as costly if your bathroom is smaller
- Smaller scope: Bathroom remodeling costs in Long Island will vary depending on the scope of what is being done. This is where it pays off to think smartly about keeping that scope smaller
- Flexible schedule: Having a flexible schedule will allow the contractor to work more efficiently on your remodel
- Standard materials: If you use standard materials like laminate countertops or vinyl flooring, your bathroom remodeling costs will be less
- No major structural changes are required: If you stick with the existing layout of your bathroom, you can save money
- The existing bathroom is in good condition: If you have an existing bathroom in good condition, you will only have to worry about remodeling costs rather than repairing damages
FAQs On Bathroom Remodeling Costs On Long Island
What’s The Cost To Remodel A Small Bathroom On Long Island?
The cost of a small bathroom remodel on Long Island can range between $17,500-$71,000, depending on the type and quality of materials used, according to Sweeten. Keep in mind that this is just an estimate; if you choose higher-end materials or if the condition of your current bathroom requires more extensive work, then those costs would go up significantly. It’s also important to note that labor costs will vary depending on who you hire and how long they take to complete the job.
What Hidden Costs Come With Bathroom Remodeling On Long Island?
As mentioned above, damages discovered during the remodeling process can add significantly to your final costs. Other “hidden” costs could include removal fees for old fixtures and materials, unexpected plumbing and electrical work, and any unknown issues that might arise during the course of the project. We recommend setting aside 10-15% of your total budget for unexpected contingencies.
How Much Do Bathroom Demolitions Cost On Long Island?
Bathroom demolition costs are typically calculated by square footage. Per Sweeten, you can expect to pay approximately $37 per square foot for bathroom demolition on Long Island. That being said, some materials may need specialized removal tools and disposal requirements, both of which can add to the cost.
Let The Experts At Rea Pro Construction Bring Your Ideal Bathroom To Life
The cost of a bathroom remodel on Long Island depends on numerous factors like size and scope, but we’ve broken down all the essential details here so you can make an informed decision about what to expect in terms of price. If you’re ready to start planning your ideal bathroom, fill out our contact form today. One of our experts will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the process and help you start creating a beautiful new space that meets all of your needs.