You can learn all about kitchen remodeling right here!
Whether it’s replacing the kitchen cabinets or redesigning the whole area, the kitchen should be your idea of perfection:
- Beautiful floors that are durable and easy to clean
- Freshly painted cabinets matching the decor
- Windows above the sink overlooking the yard
- Lights that brighten the room perfectly
As the room that usually sees the most people, kitchens need to be kept fresh and amazing. But a full remodeling can quickly exceed a budget if not done correctly.
HomeAdvisor estimates a national average of $12,000-$35,000 (though prices do vary outside of these ranges depending on each individual project).
Let’s look deeper into what can affect the costs of remodeling a kitchen.
The Costs Of Kitchen Remodeling
You can find an average cost, but it may not tell you how much money your remodel will run you. This is because there are many choices to make when remodeling a kitchen:
- Overall design and layout
- Type and color of cabinets
- Brand of appliances
- Type of flooring
- Material for countertops
And the list can go on. It depends on how involved you want to be in the details of designing your new kitchen. As for how much of your budget the different parts can make up, check out this breakdown:
Kitchen remodel cost breakdown
Making Kitchen Renovations More Affordable
- Don’t change the layout
- Use stock models
- Resist add-ons and fancy features
- DIY the smaller parts
- Remodel in stages
Kitchens can be very expensive to upgrade, especially near big cities like New York.
How To Plan A Kitchen Renovation In 5 Steps
- Determine your goal
- What do you do most in the kitchen?
- How can you design it to better serve you?
- Plan how much you want to spend and what you want to do
- Full or partial remodel (cabinets, countertops, appliances, flooring)
- Refresh the look or try something new?
- Research and hire a remodeling contractor
- Visit their websites and look for reviews
- See who gives a good experience and service
- Discuss the design and time frame
- Are you leaning more towards custom or stock?
- Ask if they set up a temporary kitchen for you
- Sign the contract
- Make sure it includes: scope of work, responsibilities for both parties, cost estimate, and timeline
Here are some beautiful kitchen remodel ideas by Lowes >>
Best Materials For Kitchens
The Best Flooring
The Best Kitchen Cabinets
Solid wood can keep better than particle or fiberboard. The framed style is stronger but the frameless is more contemporary and has easier interior access.
The Best Kitchen Countertops
Granite is still the favorite, but quartz is gaining popularity too. Both look amazing, are durable, and are easy to clean.
Create Your Dream Kitchen
Your dream kitchen is within reach! No matter what style or materials you choose to use, it should blow you away every time you see it. But you deserve more than just a great result. You deserve an amazing experience along with it.
You can start remodeling your kitchen today >>